Russell will be joining over 6,000 islanders from around the world to act as moderator at the Island Finance Forum 2022.
The Island Finance Forum brings together policymakers and leading experts to collaborate on solutions for sustainable and inclusive financial structures and to exchange knowledge and opportunities to drive impact investment for island communities.
SESSION: Slow and Steady Wins: The Race to Net Zero Islands
DATE: Monday April 25th
TIMES: 18:00pm EDT (New York), 23:00pm BST (London), 08:00am AEST (Sydney) Next Day
DURATION: 1.5 hours
Building a healthy, resilient and zero carbon future is essential for the survival of islands in the wake of the global climate crisis. Such a task requires sustained, collective and coordinated efforts between various entities including international organizations, national governments, civil society, and the private sector. This panel features experts from a variety of sectors to discuss how islands can work together in the Race to Net-Zero.
Moderator: Russell Dalgleish, Founder and Managing Partner, Exolta Capital Partners
Keynote speaker: Bob Loughman Wilbur, Prime Minister of Vanuatu (pre-recorded address)
• Craig Weise, Chief Executive, New Zealand Green Investment Finance
• Mairi Gougeon MSP, Cabinet Secretary for Rural Affairs and Islands, Scottish Government
• Azell Francis, Energy Policy Associate, CARICOM
• Tangi Tereapii, Director of Renewable Energy Development Division, Office of the Prime Minister, Cook Islands Government
• Kiesha Farnum, Director, Public Sector Projects, Caribbean Climate-Smart Accelerator
This free virtual event will be accessible to attendees from across the globe and you are encouraged to join us to contribute your ideas and knowledge. #IFF2022 #IslandEvents